7. Practical Exercises for understanding your moods and emotions
Gaining self-knowledge helps you find your way in life. Your moods and emotions are one area of complexity the Seeker Empath has to contend with. As you come into self-discovery, you may start to uncover aspects of yourself that were previously concealed. You may see that behaviors or attitudes you actually hold have been projected onto others or viewed as detached from who you are. A deep analysis of how you react to things can help you approach the layers of your psyche with honesty and clarity.
Here are some techniques you can use to understand yourself:
1. Daily tarot or oracle card pull
Get yourself a tarot or oracle card deck for this practice. Then each day or on a regular basis, pull a card for guidance about your underlying mood, emotion, or motivation. Your subconscious self will guide you to the card you need to see—magic just seems to work like that for your archetype.
You can journal, reflect, or meditate on the card for insights into where you are at with things. Card spreads can help you see what you are missing in a situation. If you approach them with as unbiased a perspective as possible, you will be able to tap into what you truly need to know.
Meditation can be one of the most clarifying practices for deep-knowing. The more you meditate the easier it will be for you.
In addition, you easily shift into the gentle altered state of meditation, this can bring overall ease to your body—which opens up layers of awareness. This is fertile ground for traversing your psyche. You can get to know the interweaving threads present in your interactions.
If you have had a particularly difficult experience with someone else or at work, taking a few minutes to meditate on what happened will bring immense amounts of lucidity. It can help you understand your response or even be used to assist you in developing what your response will be to situations.
In addition, meditation is a spiritual tool for you. It allows you to see what spiritual undercurrents are also present and how they manifest in your behaviors in relation to others and your life in general.
3. Talking with a friend
Having people around you that understand your journey and sensitivities makes everything feel a little bit better. You want to be seen and you want people to recognize you. Validation is important. Your life is not meant to be experienced in isolation. And whereas self-empowerment is great, it is not the only thing a person needs. No one does anything without the assistance of another person, no matter how unrecognized or far removed from the chain of production.
You should approach yourself in the same way—you need other people. Asking for help or for your friend to hold space for you is normal. It is human nature to look at each other like reflective mirrors. Sometimes you need a loved one to reflect things back to you.
So when you are struggling to understand a situation, your relationships, or someone else’s reaction, consider asking a friend for their perspective. They may have an alternate point of view or a more objective take that provides you with a better grasp of the situation.
8. Practical Seeker Empath A to Z: sometimes it’s the little things . . .
- Take your time in trusting.
- Make space for your shadow self.
- Continue to believe in magic.
- Carry tea bags around with you just in case.
- Have your phone charger or extra batteries with you.
- Be open to changing plans.
- Go to bed a little earlier than planned.
- Focus on your breathing as you fall asleep.
- Light a candle each morning to awaken your spirit.
- Connect with your starry ancestors.
- Research topics that interest you.
- Create art regularly.
- Read affirmations that inspire and uplift you.
- Take breaks from your spiritual practices.
- Let go of things that no longer resonate.
- Remain curious and don’t stop asking questions.
- Enjoy the things you love without worrying about what other people think.
- Banish imposter syndrome.
- Get to know different attachment styles.
- Read up on the history of your spiritual practices.
- Check in with your horoscope regularly.
- Give yourself space to daydream and imagine.
- Have a notebook with you to record your ideas, thoughts, and feelings.
- Validate yourself.
- Dress creatively.
- Wear all the crystal jewelry you want